You have successfully registered as an Ambassador for the Field of Crosses: Exercise Freedom Together campaign. We are incredibly excited to have you on our team!
The goal of this initiative is to raise funds for the Field of Crosses, a local non-profit organization in Calgary, Alberta. Field of Crosses is a memorial project that is erected every year. Over 3,500 crosses are placed along Calgary’s Memorial Drive from November 1-11 each year. Each cross memorializes an individual soldier from Southern Alberta who made the ultimate sacrifice during active duty protecting our country and recognizes that from all across Canada 120,000 heroes gave up their lives for our freedom.
Currently we are in a period where freedom and mobility feel more personal than it has in a long time. Field of Crosses is launching an initiative called Exercise Freedom Together. Calgarians, Southern Albertans and all Canadians are encouraged to run/walk/bike 3km to recognize the lives lost in active combat by exercising and celebrating our freedoms.
The fundraising campaign will begin August 8 – November 11, 2020; we are asking volunteers, donors, and supporters to participate by donating $25 (group of 5) or $5 (per person) and share their experience on social media, with the hashtag #ExerciseFreedomTogether. This campaign will last 100 days and we will be sharing tagged content on our Exercise Freedom Together Instagram/Facebook Accounts. Participants are encouraged to challenge 5 people to socially distant participate as a group or individually, to celebrate our heroes. Individuals or “Squads” will be sent a thank you letter for their support. Participants are encouraged to continue and participate all summer by challenging more people to Exercise Freedom Together.
You may not know it, but there is great historical significance for the time period of this campaign, it is referred to as “Canada’s Hundred Days” and is a series of Canadian war victories during WWI; follow the link to learn more! We intend to weave the history and war contributions of Albertans as well as other historical dates into our marketing to add an educational level to this campaign.
As an Ambassador to our program you are the energy, passion, and soul of our campaign. For us to reach our fundraising goals we need your help to engage and encourage family, friends, and the general social media landscape to participate in the program. As a token of our appreciation we will provide you with an Exercise Freedom Together gift bag and a reference letter for all your much-appreciated work. There may be potential for some in person activities for campaign promotion, however this is still to be determined. We will be forwarding any additional details and updating you if there are any more changes.
We are extremely excited to have you on the team and look forward to working with you all!
Exercise Freedom Together
Ambassador Volunteer Description
The role of the ambassador in Field of Crosses – Exercise Freedom Together campaign will be to recruit, encourage, and engage with prospective and participating donors while also creating awareness about this campaign. This role is 100% remote, there is no time limit to your involvement.
– Raise funds for the Field of Crosses organization
– Celebrate our Freedom of Mobility
– Educate on Canadian War History
Instagram account or Facebook account, if you do not have either that is not an issue we just ask that you recruit in a manner that is most suitable for you and direct them to our social media channels or website to participate and donate in the campaign.
– Follow the Field of Crosses and Exercise Freedom Together social media channels
– Familiarize yourself with Field of Crosses and what they do
– Donate if you are able, however your time is also truly appreciated!
– Recruit as many people as you can to join the Exercise Freedom Together Campaign. We will be launching our donations portal August 8, 2020
– On August 8, 2020 we ask that all Ambassadors participate in the campaign launch by going out to run/walk/bike 3km and posting a photo of yourself with your hand over your heart to your social channels upon completion.
– Challenge friends, family members, neighbours, and others in your social circles who you believe will be interested and get people engaged. Tag Exercise Freedom Together and use #ExerciseFreedomTogether and #EFTambassador on all social media posts so that we can monitor the activity.
– Engage with your fellow volunteers/participants on social media using the hashtags, encourage each other as we support each other. This is a fun summer long event that we hope to do annually!
– Refer any friends who wish to join as an ambassador to our site. The more people involved the better!
– We are hoping for each ambassador to aim to convert roughly 20-30 donors/participants during the 100 days of this campaign.
– HAVE FUN we want this to be a great experience for everyone!
A follow up email will be sent on July 31, 2020 regarding the campaign launch and any additional details. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct message Exercise Freedom Together on either Instagram or Facebook.