The Field of Crosses has been working closely with the City of Calgary and Alberta Health Services to meet the challenges the COVID-19 PANDEMIC has presented to us. We are excited to let you know the crosses will be on display again this year and while our presentation may be a bit different from previous years we will maintain a meaningful experience for those who attend.
Our goal is to ensure the health and safety of all attendees. We will be following and implementing safety protocols in accordance with Alberta Health Services Guidelines for Outdoor Events.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
Sunrise and Sunset ceremonies will be held from November 1st until November 10th
• While the public is welcome to wander amongst the crosses at all times during November 1 – 10th, in order to maintain a limited number of attendees around the Cenotaph area during Sunrise and Sunset ceremonies only invited attendees will be allowed access to the restricted area around the Cenotaph.
Night of Lights – November 10th
• We will once again be honouring the fallen within the Field of Crosses by placing a candle in front of each cross which will burn until sunrise November 11th. To keep within the restricted numbers allowed in the park the site will be closed from 11:00 AM until approx. 4:00 PM, or until the candles are all in place. Only pre-designated volunteers will be allowed onsite to help with the setup of the candles.
Remembrance Day – November 11th
• There will be no Sunrise or Sunset ceremonies on Remembrance Day
• The Remembrance Day Ceremony will be a virtual event broadcast live from the Field of Crosses by Global Calgary. The virtual event will also be live streamed. Only those taking part in the ceremony will be allowed in the park during the live ceremony.
• The park will be closed to the public from 7:00 AM to 2:00 PM on November 11th
• On November 11th security will be on site to ensure only participants in the ceremony are allowed in the park.
• Alberta Health Services request that crowds do not congregate off site and that onlookers do not congregate along Memorial Drive opposite the Field of Crosses
• At 2:00 PM the park will open to the public but will be limited to 100 people on the field at any one time.
|1||01/11/2020||7:29 AM||5:09 PM|
|2||02/11/2020||7:31 AM||5:07 PM|
|3||03/11/2020||7:33 AM||5:05 PM|
|4||04/11/2020||7:34 AM||5:04 PM|
|5||05/11/2020||7:36 Am||5:02 PM|
|6||06/11/2020||7:38 AM||5:00 PM|
|8||08/11/2020||7:41 AM||4:57 PM|
|9||09/11/2020||7:43 AM||4:56 PM|
|10||10/11/2020||7:45 AM||4:54 PM|